[Serusers] failed to load mysql.so module

Josef.Bajada at go.com.mt Josef.Bajada at go.com.mt
Fri Feb 9 16:44:33 CET 2007

Hi,

I just decided to downgrade to Mysql 4.1 and now everything seems ok.
Hopefully I wont encounter further problems.

thanks anyway,
Josef

"sip" <sip at infinideas.com>
09/02/2007 15:29

Josef.Bajada at go.com.mt, serusers at lists.iptel.org
cc
serusers-bounces at lists.iptel.org
Subject
Re: [Serusers] failed to load mysql.so module

No no... it's looking for the /usr/lib/mysqlclient* files (not directory)
to be IN the /usr/lib/mysql directory.

Hence the sym link statement below.

N.

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:24:06 +0100, Josef.Bajada wrote
> Hi,
>
> Well I dont have any directory named /usr/lib/mysqlclient. All I have is
/usr/lib/mysql

> Any idea of which libs ser is actually looking for? Maybe I can add them
directly to some include path or something to make it find them?

> ser always compiles ok, its when I try to run it with the loadmodule for
mysql.so that it fails with that 'undefined symbol: log' error.

"sip" <sip at arcdiv.com>

Josef.Bajada at go.com.mt, serusers at lists.iptel.org

serusers-bounces at lists.iptel.org

> Subject
Re: [Serusers] failed to load mysql.so module

> Strangely, no. My libs were in the right path, and it still didn't find
them. There needs to be a modification to the SER makefile, likely, but I
haven't had a chance to look into it too carefully.

> What I did that worked was to link /usr/lib/mysqlclient* into
/usr/lib/mysql   (ln -s /usr/lib/mysqlclient* /usr/lib/mysql ) and then
recompile. After that, it found the right libraries and worked just fine.

> N.
>
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:28:46 +0100, Josef.Bajada wrote
> >

> > Is there any configuration I can change to make it take notice of its
existence? Some include path or LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something? Any
particular library it must be looking for?

> > thanks,
> > Josef

RPMs for,