[Serusers] SIP Express Bundle - let's get started

ram talk2ram at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 06:11:24 CET 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 6:25 AM, Mike Trest - Personal <Mike at trest.com> wrote:

> Jai,
>
> I like this second thought you expressed.
>
> When building from CentOS CD/DVD it is common to build servers first with
> Gnome as for DeskTop use.  After fully configured,  we always change them
> down to run level 3 for server mode use.  The extra programs on the hard
> disk are not usually an issue to most Enterprise IT folks.
>
> If we expect the Enterprise-IT person to build the OS from distro, then we
> need to document
> the required build details, then when we get our first script to examine
> it, we can survey
> the landscape and see if all the right stuff is present.
>
> If we expect to fine-tune a minimum image size, then we must do the
> 2->3->2->3->
> dance until we really shrink it down.   However, I feel that decision can
> be held
> until we see a complete running SER  with all goodies that can be dropped
> in on top
> of a known OS baseline.
>
> Right after new year, I will build two CentOS-5.1 machines and put them on
> public IP for
> examination and tinkering by all.  This should be helpful for developers
> to confirm
> what is available in standard distro.
>
> ..mike..

Hi all

I see day by day people involved very much in to this

iam trying Centos5.0 with kick start  ( in my lab)

compiling  with all the options of Ser Modules.

even i want to add freeradius support, but due to lack of documentation

i was reading CDRTOOLS just to see if i can get some information
so that i can add in to the installation.

let me know if some one can able to help me

put me offline mesage

Need  advise from people

iam looking for 2 options

1. install OS and install post install all related to SER

2. Installed OS with precompiled SER and make ISO image for the specific
hardware.

ram