[OpenSER-Users] trunk - openserro password not working

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Mon Dec 10 20:30:28 CET 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:39:09 +0100, Henning Westerholt
<henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
>> I double-checked, and the settings in:
>> /usr/local/etc/openser/openserctlrc
>> were set correct:
>> DBROPW=newpassword
>>
>> So I set the mysql password for openserro back to the default
>> 'openserro'
>> in mysql, and it works, even with a different value in openserctlrc.
>>
>> Is this a known issue, bug, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> the setting in the openserctlrc file is only used for database setup and
> the
> control script 'openserctl'.
Thanks for clearing that up.

> You need also set this password in the
> openser.cfg for the server, for each module that needs to use the
> connection.
>
> Do you have defined the 'db_url' parameter with the new password in your
> config file?
Yes, and it is using the mysql user 'openser', not 'openserro' which is
the one causing the error.

Maybe a module uses openserro:openserro by default if you don't specify
otherwise...
I'll check the docs. I'm using these modules, in case anyone knows by
heart.

loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "tm.so"
loadmodule "rr.so"