[OpenSER-Users] trunk - openserro password not working

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Dec 10 12:39:09 CET 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007, Richard Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
> After moving a working openser config for trunk to a new server, and
> updating the sources, I kept getting the error:
>
> ERROR:mysql:db_mysql_new_connection: driver error: Access denied for user
> 'openserro'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> I double-checked, and the settings in:
> /usr/local/etc/openser/openserctlrc
> were set correct:
> DBROPW=newpassword
>
> So I set the mysql password for openserro back to the default 'openserro'
> in mysql, and it works, even with a different value in openserctlrc.
>
> Is this a known issue, bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi Richard,

the setting in the openserctlrc file is only used for database setup and the
control script 'openserctl'. You need also set this password in the
openser.cfg for the server, for each module that needs to use the connection.

Do you have defined the 'db_url' parameter with the new password in your
config file?

If this is not the error, please post more from the server logs. What module
don't work for you?

Cheers,

Henning