[OpenSER-Users] Need help in configuring Open SER - XMPP module with Jabberd

Aditya Chaturvedi adi02.c at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:28:21 CEST 2007

 Need some help in configuring Open SER xmpp module (I tried configuring
using FPSDEM 2007 presentation pdf)

I have one single server on which Open SER and jabberd both are running.
I tried configuring xmpp module on Open SER installation by changing the
openser.cfg file.

I added following things in openser.cfg file:

loadmodule "xmpp.so"

modparam("xmpp","domain _separator","*")
modparam("xmpp","gateway_domain"," sipxmpp.catch22")
modparam("xmpp","xmpp_domain","xmppsip.catch22")
modparam("xmpp","xmpp_host","xmpp.catch22")
modparam("xmpp","backend","component")
modparam("xmpp","xmpp_password","0915fc59edc8bd9425ddff892d89c22b2f3f0030")

if (!t_newtran()) {
sl_reply_error();
                return;
        }
        if (method == "MESSAGE") {
                log("*** xmpp-handled MESSAGE message.\n");
                if (xmpp_send_message()) {
                        t_reply("200", "Accepted");
                } else {
                        t_reply("404", "Not found");
                }
                return;
        }

        log("*** xmpp: unhandled message type\n");
        t_reply("503", "Service unavailable");
        return;

'sipxmpp.catch22', 'xmppsip.catch22', 'xmpp.catch22' , all are alias names
of same machine.
So using this I am able to send Message from SIP client to XMPP Client but
not in opposite direction. Also message is getting delivered some times with
some difficulty  and some time more than one time.

SIP client registered user - user1 at openser_domain
XMPP client registered user - user2 at xmpp_host

I sent message from SIP client to user2*xmpp_host at openser_domain(xmpp_host =
xmpp.catch22 in my case) and it got delivered but from opposite side XMPP
client is trying to send message to
user1*openser_domain at xmpp_domain(xmpp_domain
= xmppsip.catch22 in my case) which is not getting delivered. So at one
place xmpp_host is working and at other xmpp_domain is used which is not
working.

I am getting confused with the settings of domains i.e. gateway_domain and
xmpp_domain in openser.cfg file, Please give clarity on that. probably i am
doing mistake there.One more question , how gateway_domain is different from
openser_domain?? is there some more documentation from where i can take
reference?

Thanks,
Aditya