[Serusers] SER with TLS

Katty Xiong cyyxiong at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 01:17:48 CEST 2007

After I dig a bit, it seems the problem is related
with certificate.

When I comment out the line in the configuration file,
#modparam("tls", "cipher_list", "HIGH");
fill_missing (in tls_domain.c) returns -1 since the
following condition becomes true.
193     if (!d->cipher_list &&
194       shm_asciiz_dup(&d->cipher_list,
parent->cipher_list) < 0) return -1;
195     LOG(L_INFO, "%s: cipher_list='%s'\n",
tls_domain_str(d), d->cipher_list);

So though SER starts, certificate and private key is
not loaded.

To avoid this issue, I set up the cipher_list to HIGH.
But somehow, SER complains that:
tls_domain.c:229: Unable to load certificate file
tls_domain.c:230 load_cert:error...

So I guess there is something wrong with the
certificate. What I did is as follows. Could you check
if I made mistakes in generating CA?

1. Create CA private key
#openssl genrsa -out ./private/cakey.pem 2048
2. Create self-signed certificate
#openssl req -out ./cacert.pem -x509 -new -key
./private/cakey.pem
3. Create a certificate request
#openssl req -out ser1_cert_req.pem -new -nodes
4. Sign it with the CA certificate
#openssl ca -in ser1_cert_req.pem -out ser1_cert.pem
5. Copy ser1_cert.pem and privkey.pem to ser
configuration directory

thanks,
Joy

http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/sip_router/modules/tls/README?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain)