[Serusers] SER with TLS

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Apr 3 10:45:05 CEST 2007

Katty Xiong wrote:
> I am using SER ottendorf with TLS protocol and have
> the following issues. Does anybody experience similar
> problems?
>
> SER cannot run with the following setup in the
> configuration file: (I follow this link to setup key
> and certificate:
> http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/sip_router/modules/tls/README?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain)
>
> modparam("tls", "private_key", "cakey.pem")
> modparam("tls", "certificate", "cacert.pem")
> modparam("tls", "ca_list", "calist.pem")
> modparam("tls", "cipher_list", "HIGH");

  You don't need that option unless you want to restrict thee
  list of ciphers that are available. openssl uses all available
  ciphers by default.

> With the last line commented out:
> #modparam("tls", "cipher_list", "HIGH");
> SER can start, but the tls connection cannot be
> established. Network trace shows SER does not responde
> to ClientHello sent by client.

  A couple of quick questions:

  - Have you configured SER to listen on tls using listen parameter?
  - Are you connecting to the right port (i.e. 5061 and not 5060) ?

    Jan.