[Serusers] STUN characteristics

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Sep 22 03:17:19 CEST 2006

I think signaling may be simplified if you wish. Just assume symmetric
signaling (Clients that dont do it should be trashed), generate
rported replies, rewrite contacts and that's it.

Media is harder that's where actually STUN is the tool that helps so
much because it saves RTP bandwidth. It is up to you to select the
most robust test for whether to engage RTP proxy in a call or not,
but I think that private IP addresses in SDP are a safe indication
for public SIP service you should.

-jiri