[Users] problem with mediaproxy when PSTN gateway is on a private network.

Paolo Schiattarella paolo.schiattarella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 17:56:39 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I have a network configuration in which openSER and mediaproxy are on a
machine which has a public ip address but my Asterisk PSTN gateway has a
private ip address and is running on a linux-vserver.

The problem is that when mediaproxy is active all my VOIP calls, internally
and over the internet work perfectly but when I try to call a PSTN number it
only works when mediaproxy is down.
If I try to call through my PSTN gateway having mediaproxy up the softphone
takes long time to setup the call and, after the remote phone rings I cannot
hear any voice in both directions.
I hope you will not come up with answers like "use a VPN" or "publish your
PSTN gateway" ;-)

Paolo.

--
This is my new email address.