[Serusers] redirecting based on m= line in SDP

Scott Keagy skeagy at ipcexperts.com
Fri Sep 15 09:18:43 CEST 2006

What would folks recommend as the most efficient in terms of processing, and
most efficient in terms of understanding/coding in SER, for how to do this?
I'm not up to speed on SER-specific functions and ways of doing things yet.

One way I thought of is using the exec_msg function, passing the whole SIP
message to a simple external script that searches for a specific pattern in
the m= line and returns 0 if it's found or -1 if it's not found.

Are there other more straightforward ways to do this or is this about as
elegant as it's going to get? Obvious shortcoming is you can only choose
between two codec or payload types, but this is sufficient for my purposes.

Regards,

Scott