[Serusers] Re: Sip Proxy behind Nat.

ravi reddy mravikreddy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:37:17 CEST 2006

Hi Greger,

              I found the exact problem which have been paining me.

1) the nated Sip-proxy;

its sending the route headers as if it forgets it staying behind the
Nat.andsending the call as
some thing like this
invite 99106883 at 81.21.33.35 ----this is my SER - server
record<192.168.1.100>-------  this is nated sip-proxy address
contact<192.168.1.100>-----contact to this address only

SER-server is frowarding the call to pstn Gateway as it recieves and just
rewriting the host name.

and the other problem(I think)

2) PSTN Gateway.
even when call connects it is adding the strict route headers as it recieves
from SER-server
and when it sends 200 0k after connecting the call

it is not getting back or SER-server is also not getting back the "ACK" from
the nated proxy

because the nated proxy itself add the contact header as (private-ip )
ofcourse it is following strictly the SIP-PROTOCOL

so,these are the two problems i found ,

 Some providers are providing calls to this nated sip-proxy -------> How
????

Why the SER-server is also not following the path where "INVITE" message
came ?????

How to stop the Nated Sip-proxy to stop sending the headers in
 "INVITE"message not including the record route or contact headers in the
message  ---  ??????

Or is there any way to do in SER-server itself ( majorly prefered)  not to
contact private ip-address and to follow the next address which is NAT-IP

(I think its foolish question )---> Or is there any way to get registered
another sip-proxy in location database.----???????

Please suggest me some thing to get out of this problem.

                                          Thank You.

Regards,
Ravi.