[Serusers] UA, SER, RTPPROXY in local net, some external clients with public ip

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Sep 4 13:53:26 CEST 2006

The reference design is based on SER having a public IP address (and
using proxy for NATed devices) OR SER having a private address and all
the UAs have private addresses. The examples do not handle the case of a
private address SER and only some clients with private addresses or any
other kind of bridged setup. rtpproxy (force_rtp_proxy) has options for
this, but you really need to understand in-depth the various NAT-fixing
commands to fine-tune to your setup (as evident on this list).
A warning: the nat_uac_test() function tests for private addresses and
was created to handle far-end NATs (i.e. NAT in front of UA). Using that
function in a bridged scenario requires some caution to make sure you
UAs).
g-)