[Users] Caller ID & Time of Day

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:30:32 CEST 2006

As far as I know the SIP specification has no reference to changing time,
certainly not within the SIP packet, that I know of.

You no doubt are referring to hardware phones.

You also did not specify what this "switch" was. If the phones are getting
NTP from this switch then, you could always change the time on the switch
itself.

Three options:

1.) Assuming customers have access to the configuration page on their
devices (i.e. you have not "locked down" the devices), on some hard phones
you can change the time delta (time zone) in the configuration pages.

2.) Alternatively, have a separate NTP server with the time details set to
the correct time and have clients connect directly to it. (i.e. change the
configuration locally on their phones to point at your NTP server).

3.) Better yet if you have full auto-provisioning change it for them.