[Serusers] BYEs are not written to acc if gateway sends BYEs resulting from RTP timeout

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Mon Oct 30 13:36:59 CET 2006

Hi all,

I've implemented RTP timeout in the gateway that I use along with Ser,
to be able to overpass problems of wrong accounting resulting from power
or network failure of some UA. This is apparently working fine as my
gateway sends to Ser BYE messages after the established timeout,
although only now I realised that Ser doesn't account those BYE
messages!!! Why? Following ser.cfg code, I can see that the execution
reads the setflag(1) that I use for accounting, but it seems that Ser
doesn't care for these BYEs!!
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo.