[Serusers] Presence Questions

Vaclav Kubart vaclav.kubart at iptel.org
Wed Oct 11 18:01:09 CEST 2006

Hi.

1) It is hard to operate with status from registrations on another
server; forwarding registrations in some way may help, but I haven't
tried it yet.

If there are two separated SERs - one as presence server, one as proxy,
it is often handled only published status on presence server (via
PUBLISH).

2) EyeBeam is able to write buddy lists on XCAP server, but each
version may store this information on other place and thus it is
possible, that SER will not read them.

3) Try to look on XCAP description into current draft what is right, but
SER follows (partialy) the draft version specified in presence handbook.

4) There is an atempt to describe these modules in presence handbook,
but it might be not enough. I will try to add there a picture describing
this as soon as I will have time for presence again. In short RLS
handles subscriptions to resource list uri and it does subscriptions to
standalone URIs on the list. Non-list subscriptions are handled by PA.

	Vaclav