[Serusers] Presence Questions

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 03:50:28 CEST 2006

Hello, I'm working with presence and new few clarifications. Any pointers will be appreciated. I am using SER0.9.6 for proxying and that is working great. I have now installed SER 0.10.0 (presence snapshot) on a separate "physycal" server. I was able to compile everything and now I need to implement presence for my existing SER users.
1) All my current subscribers are registering on SER0.9.6 server. DO I need to forward the "registration" info to my presence server? If yes, how do I do it? Secondly, will the  presence server use this info to determine which users are on-line?
2) Does the eyebeam client write the information regarding buddy-list DIRECTLY to the XCAP server?
3) The presence handbook has a chapter about the XCAP "implementation" and the directoty structure. There is another link http://download.dns-hosting.info/XCAP/?M=A which talks about XCAP but does not have any of the directory structure mentioned in the presence handbook. Which one is the correct one ? Which one should I follow?
4) Please explain to me the "process" of presence? How does the RLS and PA module come in the game? An example would be very helpful?

Thanks a lot in advance
Dave