[Serusers] SIP to AS communication

Andrey Kuprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 07:19:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I suppose you need to develop modules for all the the x-CSCF + AS
(where x-CSCF is P-CSCF, S-CSCF or I-CSCF). You see, the
functionalities/features that x-CSCF and application servers require
(for instance, P-headers or querying for subscriber information from
HSS) are not available in SER. That's why you need to make your own
modules *all the way*.

As for HSS, i dont think you need to make some special super
DIAMETER-enabled database. In my (an in many other people's btw) point
of view a simple database, like MySQL is more than capable of storing
subscriber info or initial filtering criterias (iFC --> im talking
about SCIM/SIMF).

If you are really set to develop IMS on SER, then maybe you can start
with SER 0.8.14. You can still find decent development documentation
for it. As for later versions, I dont think any good docs are yet
available (someone, please, correct me if im wrong)

Just for your info, INT (France) joint with France Telecom are
developing IMS on SER as of now (dont know if it's going to be
commerial or open-source. Contact them if you are interested, maybe
you can even help them develop it further :). Plus, Focus is also set
to develop a commercial version of IMS for SER and, although, Focus
said that their IMS will be available in the last quarter of this
year, but nothing's been released yet. :(

  Good luck,

    Andrey.