[Serusers] SER for inbound calls

Kostas Marneris K.Marneris at otenet.gr
Mon Oct 2 15:10:29 CEST 2006

of course you can do this.
SER is a SIP Registrar/Proxy server which can handle either outbound or inbound calls.
And there is no need for SER to register in the VoIP provider. VoIP provider can route the
calls to you based on called-number.

- Your VoIP provider have to assign and route for you a block of PSTN numbers (ex. 001-yyy-zzz)
- You have to configure your SER to answer these calls.
- You have assign these numbers to your users.
- and finally you route the inbound call to a user. You can do this with many ways
   (aliases with MySQL, DNS ENUM, eternal script that queries a Database (LDAP), other...)

regards,
Kostas