[Serusers] SER for inbound calls

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Mon Oct 2 15:02:08 CEST 2006

Sure it's possible! But still, I think you should deploy your
architecture also with Asterisk. With it it's easier and more reliable
to modify SIP messages to be sent to PSTN as some of the providers have
most of the time demands in the format of messages sent to them. With
it, you can make Ser as a client of Asterisk. All phones register and
account in Ser, and Asterisk acts only as gateway and advanced services
box that you would like to implement, like voicemail. When some call
comes from the PSTN, Asterisk sees to which local user that DID
corresponds and then sends the call to Ser that finally sends the call
to that user's phone. Ser doesn't implement aliases for multiple users,
only aliases for the same user, so if you would like one call to ring on
multiple users at the same time, Asterisk can be used to do it.

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.