[users] TLS and OpenSER Issues

Tracy Lofton tracylofton_1 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 10 15:16:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

I recently experimented with TLS on a server that was initially enabled
without openser and it worked fine.  Once I remade with TLS and restarted
SER, I noticed very poor reception on regular analog (w/ATA) and SIP phones,
such as fading out completely on audio, one-way audio issues again, or
fading in/out with regarding to sound or no sound at all and just dead,
lapsing air, so I concluded that OpenSER with TLS .cfg file is restricted to
TLS ONLY.  Although I aware that TLS is to be strictly used with TLS enabled
software, I thought I would be able to use the same .cfg file and UAs that
use particular technologies would still work the same.  How should it have
actually worked?  Is this the norm?

Now, I have the TLS enabled Server on an entire different machine so that I
can test more thorougly but need to route it with the main OpenSER/Asterisk
system to determine how TLS functions using the PSTN.  So I am now hoping to
experimentally have users wishing secure lines routing thru the one server
and then to another system, but sharing the same database as the first
server.  And I am hoping that audio this way will not be an issue. Is this
the norm?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Tracy

Add fun gadgets and colorful themes to express yourself on Windows Live
Spaces
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features