[Serusers] SER Oracle Support

Dmitry Semyonov dsemyonov at dins.ru
Wed Nov 29 11:32:58 CET 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 at 19:23 -0800, Abdul Qadir wrote:

>         We are currently using radius server for authentication. Is
> it possible to use oracle database with SER without using radius
> server.

Yes, it is.

> We have no problem if need to develop our own module for it,

There is working oracle module in stable (rel_0_9_0) branch of
experimental tree. It might not work with all ser & serweb tables, but
it definitely works with version, subscriber, and location ones,
(though you should create them manually with proper types, and
probably change the name of uid column if any). This is enough
for authentication and persistent storage of registered contacts.

I'm going to review this module for Ottendorf release, and commit
necessary fixes to proper CVS branch or HEAD within a week or two.
I'll also provide patches for XSLT scripts for oracle schema creation
real-soon-now.

Note that SER-150 issue has to be fixed as well.

--
...Bye..Dmitry.