[Serusers] Re: Fw: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Nov 28 21:35:09 CET 2006

At 13:36 23/11/2006, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

Hi Bogdan,

/* still largely catching on emails */
>fact that most ser's adds-on actually followed the original roadmap of openser (posted on the web site).

Can you please make me a favor and show me evidence of what specific features have been
actually followed by SER?

>But I do not accuse you, because it is not your job to follow openser's evolution, so things may escape you.
>
>So, let us talk about things we really know. And do not think that the difference between ser and openser it's only about code....a project is not only the code..it is policy and attitude and respect regarding the community.

I violently agree. I fear we may be understanding something else under that, but
I hope the email I posted recently hopefuly makes a fair and understandable point:
http://openser.org/pipermail/users/2006-November/007875.html

In this spirit I suggest folks really begin to be serious about what they post.
I think marvellous achievements like openser doc or ottendorf overhaul should
not be dragged by discussions which are just not worth it.

>Definitely we will try to consider the things you found unjust (like mentioning the project along the contributor's name). We do not want to bother anybody - in fact you probably notice that from openser side there was no negative posts (about ser) on the mailing list or web - just the truth with your own words. I really do not understand your attitude :(.

I think the questions are coming from my Nov-22 email
(http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2006-November/031423.html)
--you might have possibly missed that, because my emails didn't quite make it
to openser archives.

Looking forward to your consideration results,

-jiri