[Serusers] SER pre-release - Presence and NOTIFY

SER LIST sergrp at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 22:50:42 CET 2006

Thanks Bogdan. Although what you described is close to my problem ( I have
no issues with received parameter, etc.) but there are some differences. I
will try to explain in more detail:

1) THe SER Proxy is 0.9.6
2) The Presence Server is the pre-release version
3) All cllients register with SER Proxy and SER Proxy is responsible for
handling all voice calls. For each client that registers with SER Proxy, the
REGISTER is replicated (using t_replicate) to Presence Server.  I have a
client behind a NAT. When it registers with the SER Proxy, I see the
following when I do a serctl ul show (Please note that the contact
information shows the PUBLIC IP (or received) and not the Private IP)

<sip:444 at 70.80.94.164:11352;rinstance=cd44c78b61d6ebe9>;q=0.1;expires=3574

4) When this REGISTER is forwarded to PRESENCE SERVER, I see the following
in the location table on the presence server:

uid=444
aor=sip:444 at xxx.sip.com
contact=sip:444 at 70.80.94.164:11352;rinstance=cd44c78b61d6ebe9
received=NULL
etc.

As you see, the contact information is the same as on SER Proxy.

5) Now, when the PRESENCE server sends a NOTIFY to 444 whenever a presentity
444 is watching changes status, the NOTIFY is sent to the SER PROXY IP,  but
the URI is:

(DESTINATION IP ADDRESS IS THAT OF SIP PROXY)
NOTIFY sip:444 at 70.80.94.164:11352 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP PRESENCE_SERVER_IP....

SER PROXY then receives this packet and forwards it directly to the IP
70.80.94.164:11352. Now in most cases, my client receives this NOTIFY and
sends a response back to SER PROXY and it displays the status of the
presentity correctly. But sometimes, due to some unknown reason, my client
does not receive this NOTIFY.

6) What I would like to see/know is whether PRESENCE Server can send a
NOTIFY to the SER PROXY with the following URI:

(DESTINATION IP ADDRESS IS THAT OF SIP PROXY)
NOTIFY sip:444 at xxx.sip.com
..

I hope this clarifies the issue.Is there a solution to this?
Thanks in advance.