[Serusers] Re: Fw: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Nov 23 13:36:53 CET 2006

Andrei,

just *one* reply from my side, as I really do not like to get into this
discussion.

First of all I say all your opinions and statements about openser are
based on a glimpse over the project and they reflect neither that you
really understand it, nor you followed all the changes and improvements
we had.

So, please excuse me, but I cannot find as valid statements your sayings
like : ser is faster, ser has more in core, ser has these and these.....
Of course, in your quest, you forgot to take into account all the
clean-up and speed-ups in acc, usrloc, register, tm , etc module -core
also-, the new feature and modules, that openser had PV from the
beginning or the fact that most ser's adds-on actually followed the
original roadmap of openser (posted on the web site). But I do not
accuse you, because it is not your job to follow openser's evolution, so
things may escape you.

So, let us talk about things we really know. And do not think that the
difference between ser and openser it's only about code....a project is
not only the code..it is policy and attitude and respect regarding the
community.

Definitely we will try to consider the things you found unjust (like
mentioning the project along the contributor's name). We do not want to
bother anybody - in fact you probably notice that from openser side
there was no negative posts (about ser) on the mailing list or web -
just the truth with your own words. I really do not understand your
attitude :(.

I just wanted to express my opinion about this discussion which
hopefully goes to an end.

All the best regards,
Bogdan