[Users] xlog performance

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Mon Nov 6 04:05:40 CET 2006

I recently did some performance testing with openser 1.1 and stumbled
over a rather strange thing. The xlog command from the xlog module seems
to cause a huge performance penalty.

I have a rather complex config with many routing blocks and mysql
queries with which I can achieve up to 100 calls per second
(authenticated INVITEs) per openser instance. As soon as I add *one*
xlog statement to the config the cps rate goes down to 25, and the
average SIP message response time goes up from <10ms to >200ms.

Has anyone else observed this behavior or could this issue be caused by
a misconfiguration?

thanks,
Christian