[Serusers] PA error sending notifies

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 09:44:56 CEST 2006

Inline...

2006/5/16, Vaclav Kubart <vaclav.kubart at iptel.org>:
> > First of all, I have to thank you for the time you spent writing the
> > handbook, it's really really helpfull....I wish all SER related parts
> > had this docs..
>
> Thanks. :-) It is nice to hear something like that.
>

> > I'll try to get familiar with the code of the notifications and I'll
> > try to find something....which I don't thing so :P. I'll also merge
> > the two functionalities (proxy + presence) in a unique config file to
> > see if it works.
> > I hope I can provide more info these following days.
>
> Thanks.

I've merged the configs without much success...I still have the
problem of sending the NOTIFY but in another function:

May 15 20:39:07 localhost /usr/local/sbin/ser[19354]: ERROR: uri2sock:
no corresponding socket for af 2
May 15 20:39:07 localhost /usr/local/sbin/ser[19354]: ERROR:
euac_funcs.c:219: BUG: can't send SUBSCRIBE without contact

Internally, though I thing everything goes to the same point, when
trying to set the dest_info structure in tm/ut.h, there's some problem
(which I have no clue yet why) when selecting the socket and I think
that the condition that always raise the errors when sending notifies
is:

          dst->send_sock==0

This is just the first impression I have...let's see if I can find
something more usefull today or I'll run out of time :(

There's the "CVS log"
2006-04-13  added uri2dst(), simplified uri2sock() (andrei)
So we can ask Andrei wether something has changed this last 2 months
that can affect sending the requests from the uac-presence connection.

> > About the missing things in the presence handbook, probably the most
> > important is the new xcap module because in the sample config files
> > it's missing.
>
> You are right, but in the "compiled" version of presence handbook
> (published on iptel's ftp) is described current presence snapshot
> which doesn't have xcap module.
>
> In the source version of the handbook (in directory doc/presence of SER
> source tree) is the description still missing too, but will be added
> soon. :-)
>
> > Another thing is that in the XCAP structure description, the im-rules
> > directory is missing, which might lead to misunderstandings. I
> > downloaded the structure from the iptel's ftp and inside the im-rules
> > there were several files corresponding to presence-rules which should
> > be either removed or updated with the im-rules namespaces and removing
> > the whitelist.
>
> Thanks! I will correct it.
>
> By the way, "im-rules" are NOT standardized in any way - we (at iptel)
> only needed something like that, so it is there...

I don't know wethere it's required to have two different rulesets but
if you have required it I just haven't faced yet the use case so I
guess it's the way to go...