[Serusers] SER and XCAP Server

Vaclav Kubart vaclav.kubart at iptel.org
Tue May 9 07:27:14 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:54:25PM +0100, Miguel Freitas wrote:
> Still having some issues when trying to simulate a XCAP server with SER and
> eyeBeam softphone.
>
> I'm using presence snapshot ?ser-0.10.99-dev35-pa-4? with the
> ser.cfgprovided (some changes to adapt to my domain)
>
> When I start SER I always get this warning:
>         WARNING: xl_mod_init: DIFFERENT hostname 'xxxxx' and gethostbyname
> 'localhost.localdomain'
> Can't find any thread about this, don't think it is crucial...
>
> I added the domain and users to SER's DB using serctl.
>
> When I start eyeBeam, it registers fine on SER. (SER log: MSILO: offline
> messages for sip:xxx at xxxxxx dumped)
> But if I have configured XCAP on Server-side Storage (and Presence Mode
> disabled) eyeBeam sends a ?SUBSCRIBE sip:4004? to SER with header ?Event:
> sip-profile;profile-type=application;app-id=resource-lists? which SER
> responds with ?Status: 489 Unsupported event package?.
> SER log:
>    check_message(): Unsupported event package
>    ERROR: subscribe.c:856: Error while checking message
>    ERROR: subscribe.c:942: handle_subscription about to send_reply and
> return -2

This event package is really not supported by SER but it should not be a
problem.

> ----
>
> Then I configured the Presence Mode as Presence Agent and registered two
> eyeBeam clients, sip:4002 and sip:4004.
> User sip:4002 has sip:4004 on his buddy list and sip:4004 has allowed
> sip:4002 to watch his presence status.
>
> REGISTER is OK for both.
> SER log:
>     MSILO: offline messages for sip:xxx at xxxxxx dumped
>     dumping stored winfo to sip:xxx at xxxxxx
>
> sip:4002 sends ?SUBSCRIBE sip:4002? (Event: presence.winfo) and SER respond
> with 200 OK.
> But then sip:4002 keeps sending reliable ?SUBSCRIBE sip:4004? (Event:
> presence) and ?PUBLISH sip:4002? (Event: presence) and SER only responds
> after aprox. 60 seconds with 202 Accepted to ?SUBSCRIBE sip:4004? and 200 OK
> to ?PUBLISH sip:4002?.

This seems that access to XCAP server is very slow. Try to access it
from SER machine with whatever web browser. It should take long time
too...

> Client sip:4002 also receives from SER a ?NOTIFY sip:4002? (From:
> <sip:4004>, To: <sip:4002>, Event: presence, Subscription-State:
> pending;expires=xxx) which sip:4002 responds with ?Status: 481
> Call/transaction Dos Not Exist?

The transaction timed out - this is right clients behaviour.

> I think SER is experiencing some kind of lock/delay when it receives
> SUBSCRIBE (Event: presence.winfo) from more than one client.

During the XCAP query (in processing SUBSCRIBE to presence events) is
locked main mutex in PA. Due to this the PUBLISH must wait.

> SER log:
>    MSILO: offline messages for sip:4002 at xxxxxx dumped
>    Warning: run_failure_handlers: no UAC support (0,0)
>    MSILO: offline messages for sip:4004 at xxxxxx dumped
>
> After some time, SER sends again to sip:4002 a ?NOTIFY sip:4002? (From:
> <sip:4004>, To: <sip:4002>, Event: presence) but this time with header
> Subscription-State: terminated;reason=timeout, which sip:4002 responds with
> (SER log: Warning: run>failure_handlers: no UAC support (0,0) )
>
> The SUBSCRIBE (Event: presence.winfo) keeps being renewed...
>

> When I change presence status on sip:4002, it sends ?PUBLISH sip:4002?
> with 200 OK.
> SER log:
>    MSILO: offline messages for sip:4002 at xxxxx dumped
>

> I'm lost here.
> Server-side Storage with XCAP works fine for presence-rules and
> resource-lists but the presence agent don't.
> I will run some more tests but this time with SER not saving offline
> messages.

I think that all these problems are due to slow access (or inaccessible)
XCAP server from SER machine.

	Vaclav