[Serusers] SER and XCAP Server

Miguel Freitas a23875 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:54:25 CEST 2006

Still having some issues when trying to simulate a XCAP server with SER and
eyeBeam softphone.

I'm using presence snapshot «ser-0.10.99-dev35-pa-4» with the
ser.cfgprovided (some changes to adapt to my domain)

When I start SER I always get this warning:
         WARNING: xl_mod_init: DIFFERENT hostname 'xxxxx' and gethostbyname
'localhost.localdomain'
Can't find any thread about this, don't think it is crucial...

I added the domain and users to SER's DB using serctl.

When I start eyeBeam, it registers fine on SER. (SER log: MSILO: offline
messages for sip:xxx at xxxxxx dumped)
But if I have configured XCAP on Server-side Storage (and Presence Mode
disabled) eyeBeam sends a «SUBSCRIBE sip:4004» to SER with header «Event:
sip-profile;profile-type=application;app-id=resource-lists» which SER
responds with «Status: 489 Unsupported event package».
SER log:
    check_message(): Unsupported event package
    ERROR: subscribe.c:856: Error while checking message
    ERROR: subscribe.c:942: handle_subscription about to send_reply and
return -2

----

Then I configured the Presence Mode as Presence Agent and registered two
eyeBeam clients, sip:4002 and sip:4004.
User sip:4002 has sip:4004 on his buddy list and sip:4004 has allowed
sip:4002 to watch his presence status.

REGISTER is OK for both.
SER log:
     MSILO: offline messages for sip:xxx at xxxxxx dumped
     dumping stored winfo to sip:xxx at xxxxxx

sip:4002 sends «SUBSCRIBE sip:4002» (Event: presence.winfo) and SER respond
with 200 OK.
But then sip:4002 keeps sending reliable «SUBSCRIBE sip:4004» (Event:
presence) and «PUBLISH sip:4002» (Event: presence) and SER only responds
after aprox. 60 seconds with 202 Accepted to «SUBSCRIBE sip:4004» and 200 OK
to «PUBLISH sip:4002».

Client sip:4002 also receives from SER a «NOTIFY sip:4002» (From:
<sip:4004>, To: <sip:4002>, Event: presence, Subscription-State:
pending;expires=xxx) which sip:4002 responds with «Status: 481
Call/transaction Dos Not Exist»

I think SER is experiencing some kind of lock/delay when it receives
SUBSCRIBE (Event: presence.winfo) from more than one client.

SER log:
    MSILO: offline messages for sip:4002 at xxxxxx dumped
    Warning: run_failure_handlers: no UAC support (0,0)
    MSILO: offline messages for sip:4004 at xxxxxx dumped

After some time, SER sends again to sip:4002 a «NOTIFY sip:4002» (From:
<sip:4004>, To: <sip:4002>, Event: presence) but this time with header
Subscription-State: terminated;reason=timeout, which sip:4002 responds with
(SER log: Warning: run>failure_handlers: no UAC support (0,0) )

The SUBSCRIBE (Event: presence.winfo) keeps being renewed...

When I change presence status on sip:4002, it sends «PUBLISH sip:4002»
with 200 OK.
SER log:
    MSILO: offline messages for sip:4002 at xxxxx dumped

I'm lost here.
Server-side Storage with XCAP works fine for presence-rules and
resource-lists but the presence agent don't.
I will run some more tests but this time with SER not saving offline
messages.