[Serusers] Mediaproxy load balancing

Dejan Kovacevic dejan.kovacevic at volja.net
Mon May 1 11:25:44 CEST 2006

Hello all.

I have installed ser 0.9.7 and configured it to work with mediaproxy.
For now it (mediaproxy) is running locally on the same machine as ser.
But i want make it with load balancing.
But i dont know how to configure DNS SRVS
For example if my ser is running on machine;  example.somecompany.com
then i have to add these lines?

_mediaproxy._tcp.example.somecompany.com. IN SRV 0 25 25060
mediamachine1.somecompany.com.
_mediaproxy._tcp.example.somecompany.com. IN SRV 0 25 25060
mediamachine2.somecompany.com.
_mediaproxy._tcp.example.somecompany.com. IN SRV 0 50 25060
mediamachine3.somecompany.com.
_mediaproxy._tcp.example.somecompany.com. IN SRV 10 50 25060
mediamachine11.somecompany.com.
_mediaproxy._tcp.example.somecompany.com. IN SRV 10 50 25060
mediamachine12.somecompany.com.

So if I have understood these lines right it means, that first three
proxies are main for taking care of the rtp traffic?
1st proxy  25%
2nd proxy 25%
3rd proxy 50%
?
Ok the last lines are then the failback proxies?
OK if this is true,. i just don't know how to go further,.. I know that
i have to put these lines in /etc/bind/
But i dont know how to use them in zones file.

Also i wuold like to know what i have to confiure in mediaproy.ini to
make that working,...
I just cant find any exact explanation on net :(

I would be very thankfull for any help given.
Regards Dejan
Slovenia