[Users] Proxy Authenticate error

Jeff Williams jeffw at globaldial.com
Wed May 3 11:03:35 CEST 2006

This may not be an openser issue, but I have Netcomm NB9W UA which does
not do Proxy Authentication. This is the setup:

UA (202.74.186.77) => Openser proxy (202.74.164.44) => Registrar
(202.74.164.72)

The UA makes a REGISTER request which gets forwarded by the proxy to the
registrar. The registrar then replies with 407 Proxy Authentication
Required message which gets forwarded by the proxy back to the UA. The
UA then seems to ignore this and re-sends an unauthenticated REGISTER
reuqest.

Attached is an ethereal dump showing this behaviour.

My question is, is there something that the proxy or registrar are doing
incorrectly which causes the UA the not do proxy authentication? I can't
see anything.

Thanks,
Jeff