[Serusers] Ekiga.net, service down, impossible to restart SER

Tobias Lindgren tobias.lindgren at ip-only.se
Tue Mar 14 22:56:13 CET 2006

Hello,

You are using MySQL-db, right? Looks like you are hitting some memory
limiter by looking at the source code, and I'm just guessing it could be
 because you have much data in your database and large tables with many
rows. When SER starts and loads (or walks through?) these tables it
cannot hold it in it's working memory and therefor your error message.

If I were you I'd start off by increasing the PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE to
something bigger, for example 1024*4096, in config.h and recompile SER
to see if that would help you out. Starting SER with the "-m" option to
specify more shared memory than default might also be a way, but I'm
guessing you've already tried that and I'm also guessing that would not
help you out.

If nothing else, could it be a memory limiter in MySQL causing your problem?

Br,
Tobias