[Serusers] how to let iptel ser forward an invite message with route header?

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Fri Mar 3 12:27:37 CET 2006

IMHO you just need to add Record-Route header field at proxy to every
request. I think the applicable section of RFC3261 would be page 17:

"  (...) In some cases, it may be useful for proxies in the SIP
signaling path to see all the messaging between the endpoints for the
duration of
    the session.  For example, if the biloxi.com proxy server wished to
    remain in the SIP messaging path beyond the initial INVITE, it would
    add to the INVITE a required routing header field known as Record-
    Route that contained a URI resolving to the hostname or IP address of
    the proxy.  This information would be received by both Bob's SIP
    phone and (due to the Record-Route header field being passed back in
    the 200 (OK)) Alice's softphone and stored for the duration of the
    dialog.  The biloxi.com proxy server would then receive and proxy the
    ACK, BYE, and 200 (OK) to the BYE.  Each proxy can independently
    decide to receive subsequent messages, and those messages will pass
    through all proxies that elect to receive it.  This capability is
    frequently used for proxies that are providing mid-call features.
(...)"

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz