[Serusers] how to let iptel ser forward an invite message with route header?

Ladislav Andel ladia6 at centrum.cz
Fri Mar 3 12:23:18 CET 2006

As far as I know you don't need to add any route header in this case. On
the top of SIP message is VIA header which says which
way your application server should answer back..

Route header is used when you have more proxies in the way where the
message you want to route through

from RFC 3261:

The Route header field is used to force routing for a request through
the listed set of proxies.  Examples of the use of the Route header
field are in Section 16.12.1.

Example:

     Route: <sip:bigbox3.site3.atlanta.com;lr>,
                <sip:server10.biloxi.com;lr>

Can anybody confirm?

Ladislav