[Serusers] Logging weirdness with Aliases.

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Thu Jun 29 00:37:29 CEST 2006

Okay... help me visualise something.  Now, as far as I can tell, SER is doing
exactly what it's supposed to be doing, but I can't figure out how to get it
to do something different.

I have an accounting section (my log flag is 1) that looks like this:

if((method=="INVITE" && !has_totag()) || method=="BYE")
{
        setflag(1);
};

Basic, simple logging section. But when someone calls through from a DID to an
alias in the aliases table, it of course logs the sip_to as the alias.

Fine, I thought. I'll just add a lookup("aliases") before the setflag and all
will be well, right? No. Then it doesn't seem to log anything at ALL.

So what I'm trying to figure out is how to get SER to log a call coming into
an alias as a call to the user who's aliased.

I.e. a call is coming in from 1010 at remote.proxy.com to 9999 at proxy.com (which
is really an alias to user 1234 at proxy.com).   Right now, SER is logging in the
acc tables that the call went to sip:9999 at proxy.com.

I want to have it log that the call went to 1234 at proxy.com and NOT that it
went to the alias.

This:

if((method=="INVITE" && !has_totag()) || method=="BYE")
{
     lookup("aliases");
     setflag(1);
};

gets me nothing at all.

Ideas, anyone? I'm stumped. I'm sure it's something drastically simple that
I'm just not getting.

N.