[Serusers] Mediaproxy has nothing to do with codecs..

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 22:46:35 CEST 2006

Can someone please clarify whether the statement in
Subject is correct? Does mediaproxy not simply take a
RTP stream and "proxy" it in both directions without
really caring about codecs? Codec negotiation is done
between endpoints and mediaproxy does not come in the
picture.

If the above is true, does it mean that if two SIP
user agents support video and we use mediaproxy, it
won't be an issue?

Please educate me the what if any relationship
mediaproxy has with codecs...

Dave