[Users] OpenSER performance

Gill Bates bp4mls at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 14 01:08:59 CEST 2006

Hi Helge,

Helge Waastad wrote:
> If you combine different table lookups, you'll see the performance numbers for queries per second.(In addition to several others max/min connect time etc)
>
> For my own project I've done testing on several OS'es and platforms to decide which has the best performance.

Actually, this sounds very interesting for anybody on this mailing list.
Could the results be published [on the list]? An academic wrapper might
not be necessary, some raw data would probably be just fine. :)

> I mean, seeing number for cps for a SIP proxy just routing packets makes no sense to me, since most installations do several db queries (ACL etc etc)
>
> For instance cacheless usrloc performance......
>
> ...and fun to see performance improvement by loading avps from database.....

You are touching a soft spot here. I've always appreciated the storage
backend is slower (and slowing the whole thing down) by at least one
magnitude order, in most of reasonable featured OpenSER deployments.
Is there any data you could provide us with, on the topic?

Regards,
Gill.