[Users] OpenSER performance

Helge Waastad Helge.Waastad at smartnet.no
Tue Jun 13 23:23:54 CEST 2006

Hi,
yes that's correct.
you'll be able to test different scenarios; in simplest way select statements.
(ex: query from 10 clients, 1000 per client)
If you combine different table lookups, you'll see the performance numbers for queries per second.(In addition to several others max/min connect time etc)

For my own project I've done testing on several OS'es and platforms to decide which has the best performance.

I mean, seeing number for cps for a SIP proxy just routing packets makes no sense to me, since most installations do several db queries (ACL etc etc)

For instance cacheless usrloc performance......

...and fun to see performance improvement by loading avps from database.....

I always like to have a few achademic numbers in my documentation :-)

Mvh/br,
Helge Waastad
Senior Engineer
Smartnet