[Users] Authentication using auth_diameter

Dave Waiting david at crg.ee.uct.ac.za
Mon Jun 12 18:06:45 CEST 2006

I am able to authenticate users using Radius without problem, but I am
struggling to do the same using Diameter.

I have installed the Diameter Server Client (DISC) that is mentioned in
the auth_diameter readme, and have it listening on port 3000. When I
start openSER there are no errors (i.e. the auth_diameter module loads),
but the DISC client complains that the peer is unknown. Both SER and the
DISC client are running on the same machine, so I added aaa://localhost
as a peer, but that does not seem to help. Looking at a tcpdump output
it shows that SER is trying to contact the DISC client from a range of
ports but is never successful.

Are there any further installation manuals, sample configurations or
tutorials on this topic?

Regards

Dave