[Serusers] Presence issue with SER

Andrey Kouprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 05:52:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

As far as i know, there are mostly commercial SIP presence servers
available, but not open source. One open source presence (old one) is
written in java JAIN-SIP api called JAIN-PRESENCE-SERVER or smth.

I dont know what your objective is, but you can try a client-to-client
(mesh, peer-to-peer) presence instead of server presence. If you are
making a client on your own, then you'll have a hard time, if you dont
need to make a client, just use new version of X-Lite for Win. It has
a presence built it for both peer-to-peer and server-side.

Alternatevly, you can use Jabber presence instead of SIP presence.
There are plenty of resources available for Jabber already as opposed
to SIP. Moreover, SER has a jabber module to function as a gateway
when subscribtions and notifications arrive from SIP clients (I dont
know if it works fine, because I havent tried it yet myself). So, you
can have registrations and calls handled by SIP and presence and IM
handled by Jabber.

  Bests,

  Andrey.