[Serusers] avp_subst for SER + some general rantings about av pairs and lingo...

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Jul 17 11:41:18 CEST 2006

Note that this is true for SER HEAD (0.10.x). 0.9.x does not have avp_subst.
In SER HEAD, a lot of new (and very powerful) avp manipulation functions
were added.  They are created for utilizing the new selector
(@something.part[x]) and the extension of $avp adressing of av pairs.

BTW, the lingo is quite technical, I feel...  The @ selectors are
basically pre-defined variables that can be used to address (pretty much
any) parts of the SIP message and manipulate them. Avpairs
(attribute-value pairs) are basically variables (string or integer) that
have a variable name and a variable content.  By using $variable_name
you are referring to a variable with a value. This value can be
collected from the SIP message, it can be manipulated and it can be put
into the reply (or the message to forward).
The tricky part is to understand the scope of these variables (main
route, onbranch, onreply, onfailure) and what you can actually do with a
message in each.
g-)