[Serusers] Re: SER database sharing

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Fri Jul 14 12:52:25 CEST 2006

Greger V. Teigre wrote:
> Well, usrloc-cl is in experimental module and latest version of openser
> has db-mode 3 (the same) and path implementation, so Andreas' setup is
> possible.  The thing is, this way of doing it makes sense for some
> setups and for a small-scale setup (like 1000 accounts), the setup is a
> bit complicated. It also requires mysql cluster competence etc etc.

Well, our system is designed for 100.000+ users with the possibility to
scale to an arbitrary number... and it works pretty well... an overview
of the system is given in chapter 7 of http://linguin.org/thesis.php

It's quite simple. What you need is some basic knowledge in heartbeat or
any other FMS and in MySQL-Cluster.

Basic tests with one balancer and two proxies revealed a rate of ~160
call attempts per second (with a quite complex routing config with
 >1.000 lines) and ~600 registrations per second, so this should be
enough for most of the setups out there...

Andy