[Serusers] Is RTPproxy needed even when there is a Cisco PIX?

Richard Z rzheng at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 21:40:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

All SIP ALGs are broken one way or another. PIX is not an exception.
It is just impossible to keep up with all types of SIP messages and
headers and usages of the phones. It really depends on how you use the
phones. It might or might not be a problem for your particular use. My
experience is that rtp/mediaproxy is far more reliable than PIX.

Cheers,
Richard