[Serusers] Global Failover Server

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 15:13:51 CEST 2006

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since SER is capable to handle tens or hundreds
of thousands of SIP messages per second, why not cut this number down to
thousands and compose a HA and Redundancy solution combining some stateless
proxy in front of a bunch of servers using cache based (like in 2 - MySQL
cluster, p.ex.)? The stateless proxy could have some local replication (two
peers: one active and one inactive) sharing a common IP (registered on SRV)
for HA, and the geographic issue could be achieved with a complete
replication of this set.

The down-point in this approach is that in a geographic switch there is no
guarantee that the clusters would be totally consistent between the two
sets. The fall can (and Murphy says it will) occur just before, or in the
middle, a big replication DB operation. But if You can accomplish that than
I see this as a good solution.

Comments?

Edson.

  _____