[Serusers] SER / MediaProxy / B2BUA

Daniel Salama lists at infoway.net
Wed Jul 5 01:31:43 CEST 2006

Thank you for the prompt response and the explanation.

Currently, I don't have any code in place. However, I was trying to
simplify the whole architecture. I have a SER box talking to Radius
for authentication and accounting. I'm also using Mediaproxy as a NAT
helper. Then, I have Asterisk for IVR auto attendant and voicemail.
Since Mediaproxy is going to be in the media path anyhow to help in
NAT, I just don't want to have another Asterisk server in the media
path just for the Dial command with the timeout.

What would be an elegant alternative? I know that in the ISP dial-up
world, Radius is more than capable of specifying max session time.
Wouldn't SER/Mediaproxy "understand" the Radius attribute for max
session time? I know SER doesn't stay in the media path but by being
statefull, it can "listen" to all messages between the end points,
including BYE. So, why couldn't SER/Mediaproxy "insert" a BYE message
somewhere? Maybe it could be a simple as writing a simple external
process that constantly monitors sessions time and "inserts" the BYE
message using SER's fifo, in a similar way that serctl talks to SER.

Thanks,
Daniel