[Serusers] CDRTool + SER/OpenSER

Daniel Salama lists at infoway.net
Sun Jul 2 05:54:34 CEST 2006

I'm evaluating the option of installing SER or OpenSER in my Asterisk
environment along with FreeRadius and CDRTool. All this for both
prepaid and postpaid applications.

While reading the CDRTool README.txt file, I came across this text:

"CDRTool makes rating functions available via the network so that you
can use
CDRTool rating engine for postpaid application or in combination with
third-party B2BUAs for prepaid applications. The functions are
available via
TCP/IP network socket or as SOAP/XML webservice. A Call control
module in
OpenSER can perform the prepaid function based on money credit and
rating per
destination."

and

"CDRTool allows real-time web access to Call Details Records like the
Radius
tickets generated by SIP Express Router. The information can be combined
with media information from MediaProxy while a separate OpenSER
module can
display full traces of all SIP packets the enter and exit the SIP Proxy.
CDRs can be filtered and statistics can be built in real-time to
summarize
service usage based on various criteria."

Does this mean that these features are ONLY available to OpenSER and
not both SER and OpenSER?

Also, for prepaid application I was thinking of using the Asterisk
B2BUA tool along with other features like Codec translations. Can
anyone comment on this?

Thanks,