[Users] debian dependencies

Fri Jul 14 10:21:30 CEST 2006

Hi!

I've just tried to build openser 1.1 on a vanilla debian sarge, and it
fails. IMO debian sarge should be supported out of the box. Here the
problems:

dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies:

debhelper (>= 5): Sarge contains 4.2.32. I've tried >4 but it fails

libmysqlclient15-dev | libmysqlclient-dev: libmysqlclient15-dev is not
available in stable, and I can't find libmysqlclient-dev at all

libradiusclient-ng-dev: If I make debian packages from radiusclient-ng
the package is named "libradius-ng-dev"

Are there any reasons for those dependencies?

btw: how did you managed to make the sarge packages

regards
klaus