[Serusers] group call pickup

Joao Pereira joao.pereira at fccn.pt
Sat Jan 28 03:27:21 CET 2006

The way group call pickup works (in siemens hipath, for example) is like
this:

Usually in a company were people are divided in groups or departments,
when a call arrives, it should ring the extension called (because that
was the initial intention).
But when the person called is unavailable, and their department workers
are in the same office, is useful that the call could be answered by one
of them (because they are working in the same projects, and if one of
them isnt... he can just let the phone ring, and do nothing).

Thats important for companys that have services to outside clients, that
want to see their calls answered at all cost, if the call isnt answered
  by the main responsible, is going to be answered for one of his
co-workers.

Thats why this feature is important, and the option of making all the
phones ring isnt a solution.

Maybe this isnt a job for SER, because it wasnt designed to put himself
between the calls, waiting for some other user to capture the call....

But in a system (like mine) where SER is working with Asterisk, It must
be a way of doing it.

Joao Pereira