[Serusers] re : add subscriber issue in ser-0.10.99

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Jan 24 16:16:53 CET 2006

On 19-01-2006 17:43, Yeung OnTai-q16645 wrote:
> anymore, because it complains that subscriber table is not found.

  serctl (the shell script) will be deprecated.

> Whatever database table(subscriber or other) is being used now, there
> should be a place where I can provision a new client with password.
> Otherwise how can I authenticate it when the client register to SER?

  The table is called credentials, there is a command called ser_cred in
  sip_router/tools/serctl which can be used to provision the table.
  Note that an interface similar to the original serctl is being worked
  on, it will be available soon.

> It seems like in ser-0.10.99, clients can just register to ser without
> any provisioning....

  No, but the newer SER version has much cleaner data model and the
  meaning of tables changed. credentials table maps digest credentials
  to users (identified by uid). uri table maps SIP URIs to users, and so
  on.

    Jan.