[Serusers] limiting no. of concurrent calls ?

Hendrik Scholz hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de
Wed Feb 8 16:27:22 CET 2006

Hi!

Mike W wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer,  i need to look at the total calls at the proxy.
> It could be a counter that increments at a INVITE (and subsequent OK)
> and decrements at a BYE/ CANCEL

You'll still run into the very same problems. You have to take INVITEs
without Authentication into account. How about retransmissions?
People might want to throw advertisements for Session Border Controllers
at you ;)

> Is this something that can be configured/ customised ?

If it's the plain number of requests per second that you want to allow
not taking any specific behaviour into account you might want to try
the ratelimit module from CVS.

What's the problem you are facing? Are you seeing DOS-like attacks?
I'm asking as I'm interested in implementing countermeasures.

Hendrik

--
freenet Cityline GmbH, Hamburger Chaussee 2-4, 24114 Kiel, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)431 9020552, Fax: +49 (0)431 9020559
Internet: http://www.freenet.de, eMail: hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de