[Serusers] failover and VRRP

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Wed Feb 1 15:42:12 CET 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 15:21, Steve Blair wrote:
> hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr wrote:
> >>I use NAGIOS to
> >>monitor SER to know when a server of applications on
> >>that server have ...
> >
> >Can you tell me more ?
>
> sipsak can be configured to respond with Nagios result codes. I think
> the option is -n. Nagios has been setup to execute sipsak with an input
> file that contains a specific notify message. This message has an event
> type of  "keep-alive". When my proxies see this event from our nagios
> host they respond with a 200  ok. This is sufficient to "verify" that
> the proxy is operational at a sip level or
> so we like to believe :-)

BTW it should be fairly easy to extend this check to a REGISTER with
authentication. sipsak will return the same Nagios compliant return codes.
You could even think about trying an INVITE, allthough this might depend a
lot on your SER config if the self-INVITE's from sipsak will pass trough it.

  Nils